The purpose of the role is to leverage supply chain insights from collaborative customer and industry engagement to identify and develop business capabilities to provide a superior business, supply chain, and service performance. The Director, Customer Supply Chain Strategies role is designed to own the strategic operational relationship with the customer to deliver the right product, in the right place, at the right time to consistently meet our customers’ expectations for supply chain performance. In addition, they will partner with the Sales team in a strategic customer-facing capacity to develop comprehensive sales and execution plans for key accounts.
The Director, Customer Supply Chain Strategies will lead a team of 5 associates and is expected to drive a culture of customer centricity within Supply organization. The role will be the focal point of the strategic customer supply chain collaboration and Sales to drive both the efficiency and effectiveness of the joint supply chain. It is expected that the Director and the team will engage strategic customers' supply chain organizations to drive 1-3 year performance and capability development plans. The incumbent will also drive cross-segment collaboration to deliver enterprise wide benefits and capabilities leading to improved performance.
Manage a team of exempt associates responsible for cultivating a culture of customer centricity within Supply who collaborate and negotiate with internal and external customers, drive annual VPO initiatives, improve customer scorecard performance and deliver annual goals.
Lead team to identify opportunities for increasing supply chain flexibility, optimizing business processes, enabling technologies, and maximizing supply chain efficiency with our customers.
Responsible for influencing senior and customer leaders on issues that affect the business transaction effectiveness and efficiency (e.g. pipeline efficiency, route to market, customer service levels, policies and procedures, etc.), aligning sales and supply chain objectives with customer supply chain objectives (i.e., customer satisfaction plans), and influencing progress against those objectives.
Collaborate with Sales to develop customer specific action plans to improve KPIs, quality of contacts and effective customer programs.
Demonstrate functional expertise to establish credibility and provide an opportunity to co-create mutually-beneficial solutions in coordination with Sales.
Drive customer action plan initiatives in the form of 'Service As Measured By Customer' (SAMBC), continuous improvement and Value Profit Optimization.
Develop and maintain Logistics incentive programs and Supply cost-to-serve models (influence best practices and standardization across segments).
Design E-commerce initiatives to create incremental opportunities through the landscape of new transactions.
Develop staffing and succession planning strategies, leverage diversity, and build trusting relationships to meet the current and future needs of the Customer Supply Chain team and overall organization
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY, RECOMMENDATIONS AND IMPACT
Face-to-face customer collaboration and effectively influencing customers and Sales will directly impact company’s credibility and TAS feedback.
Create and negotiate route to market programs to drive Supply Chain efficiencies.
Create and influence multi-million dollar efficiency programs and generate incremental sales opportunities across the NA customer base.
Provide leadership to drive enterprise-wide benefits through cross-segment collaboration
Four year college degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Sales
• Minimum of 10 years of business experience including order management, customer service, and supply chain.
• Strong knowledge of the interdependencies between Sales, Customer Supply Chain, Logistics Operations, Demand Planning, Customer Service, Inventory Management, Operations Planning
• Thorough knowledge of pipeline systems and procedures with an emphasis on physical distribution and logistics
• Significant experience in collaborating with customers and developing strategies to improve overall customer satisfaction.
• Organizational agility and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop mutually beneficial customer relationships and successfully influence associates both inside and outside the Supply organization.
• Analytical skills and proven ability to manage a process within a complex environment.
• Customer Collaboration, Supply Chain and/or Logistics experience
• Ability to summarize key data and deliver effective presentations both internally and externally.
• Negotiating skills.
• Ability to lead and effectively organize a team of exempt associates for customer interaction.
• Ability to influence change at all levels of an organization, internally and externally.
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to handle sensitive customer and associate issues.
• Project management skills.