Provide functional thought leadership, process development, and enhancements to the forecasting & S&OP processes across the enterprise utilizing advanced demand planning applications. This position provides cross-functional direction and leadership in the development and maintenance of on-going volume forecasts. This role will have ongoing responsibility for the quality of forecasts in terms of accuracy, timeliness, coordination and communication. Leads S&OP process to manage and align business and supply chain to volume forecast results, partnering with Sales & Brand Marketing to continuously improve baseline accuracy. This position is critical to the achievement of our Private Brands growth agenda.
- Oversee and drive team facilitation of the monthly S&OP volume consensus process including maintenance of rolling 18-24 month consensus demand plans and gaining full alignment with VP/GM owners. Influence and hold key partners in brand, sales and finance accountable for consistent forecast inputs and address input gaps. Leads team to systematically identify and work to reconcile discrepancies and close gaps on an ongoing basis through comprehensive forecast error reviews.
- Responsible for the quality of forecasts in terms of accuracy, timeliness, coordination and communication. This will be accomplished through facilitation of the Demand Planning Process as well as the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
- Communicate key forecast accuracy metrics to senior level management and functional teams, including opportunities and actions to drive improvement.
- Establish annual forecast accuracy targets. Communicate weekly/monthly forecast error results versus established targets and identify and report on root cause for forecast error above targets. Work to continuously improve all metrics and reporting processes.
- Support business understanding of volume forecasts and business performance through comprehensive analytics. Key analysis includes drivers of forecast changes, as well as actual shipment variances to forecast. Must partner with key Supply Chain functions.
- Supports development and understanding of components of volume forecasts include consumption trends, separation of base and incremental volume, changes in customer inventory and other factors that translate consumption volume to shipment volume. Understands how
- Provide leadership in developing team members, including talent management, succession planning and professional education. Mentor the growth and development of the Demand Planning Process and the Demand Planners across all operating channels.
- This position also shares responsibility for customer service levels, inventory turns, DDD performance, manufacturing efficiencies, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- B.S degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Supply Chain, Finance or related field. MBA/advanced degree a plus.
- 7-10 years previous experience in manufacturing and forecasting preferably within Food or CPG. 3 years of experience leading people and teams
- Experience with demand planning software.
- Experience in and/or exposure to S&OP processes and procedures, customer planning and/or supply planning.
- Experience with aspects of the supply chain, including planning, manufacturing operations, purchasing, transportation, warehousing, deployment and inventory management is ideal.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly collaborative leadership style and excellent facilitations skills.
- Ability to lead effectively and handle conflict in cross-functional integration role.
- Experience in change management and work redesign initiatives.
- Strong influence management skills.
- Ability to manage cross-operating group/cross-functional resources without the use of direct reports.
- Ability to interact with various levels of the organization (corporate/plant). Ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Thorough understanding of P&L including Brand and Supply Chain cost structure.
- Excellent communication skills - both formal and informal.