This position is responsible for the overall inventory productivity for selected categories of merchandise to ensure service levels are maintained. Primary responsibilities include the overall order fulfillment for our company programs, and managing the day-to-day activities of inventory replenishment for specific categories utilizing an automated replenishment system.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements the replenishment and inventory strategy to support assortment and merchandise plans while achieving service level targets. Manages the inventory levels for assigned product categories through analysis of trends, exceptions, rate of sale, minimum order quantities and minimum presentation quantities. Plans and executes article-site replenishment at stores for all replenished products.
- Executes purchase orders to suppliers based on store worksheets, and works with stores to resolve worksheet discrepancies. Serves as key contact for PO expediting and Logistic issues, and assists with ship schedule changes.
- Evaluates and plans all basic and seasonal forecasts and profiles based on demand history, statistical analysis, store activity, assortment changes and current trends, which facilitate replenishment of product to the stores. Maintains E3 and SAP system settings to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained at the DC and store article/site level. Utilizes exception based reporting and analysis to react to articles that are exceeding or falling below anticipated performance levels.
- Serves as key contact for store operations replenishment issues.
- Executes replenishment plans for all new articles, based on the article forecast and profile, and "plans and events" for promotional activities on articles.
- Initiates and communicates replenishment recommendations in respect to inventory and trends, to Inventory Management, Buying, and Logistics personnel
- Provides vendor forecasts/projections for replenished inventory.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred (finance, business, logistics, statistics or related field) or equivalent experience.
- 3-4 years experience in Supply Chain, Merchandising, Field Operations, Logistics or Store Planning experience is required, preferably in a retail environment.
- Excellent office computer skills (Excel, Word, etc) and prefer experience with SAP applications.
- Detail oriented and aptitude for analysis.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Self starting team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail.