What's the Opportunity?
Extrusion Process Equipment Engineer
Provides extrusion equipment related engineering support and partners with Operations to maintain and continuously improve all aspects of a large and complex 24/7 plastic extrusion and thermoforming manufacturing operation. These include safety, quality, schedule compliance, new product development, process/equipment reliability and performance (OEE), cost, and productivity.
What will you be doing?
- Effectively utilizes reliability and process engineering techniques to optimize safety, quality, cost, and overall equipment effectiveness. Includes Preventative Maintenance (PM) for extrusion equipment, mean time between failure (MTBF), root cause analysis, and process failure mode analysis. Develops, plans, and implements improvements based on analytical methods.
- Develops/manages a robust PM program for all extrusion production lines, ancillary equipment, and material conveying & dust collection systems. Includes predictive, preventative, and autonomous maintenance programs.
- Creates and maintains accurate engineering, maintenance, process, and product specification related documentation.
- Effectively utilizes lean manufacturing concepts and theBusiness System to identify and sustainably eliminate waste.
- Develops, scopes, and implements/manages cost reduction and capital projects while maintaining expense accounts within a given budget.
- Typically supervises non-salaried technicians and maintenance employees.
- Coordinates the activities of hourly maintenance resources across four shifts