Accountable to Plant Manager for achieving manufacturing facility operatives as top manufacturing person. Supports the plant manager by reducing the span of control and assuming accountability of facility day-to-day operations. Responsible for production, warehouse and maintenance.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and execute 1yr and 3yr business plans supporting national/regional/local objectives Including the development & implementation of strategies, processes & programs.
- Motivate, direct, coach and develop a diverse, high performing leadership team to meet established goals and build organizational capability.
- Effectively translate plant goals and objectives to all levels of the organization ensuring alignment on relevant performance data.
- Routinely review business results with plant personnel to maximize supply chain performance.
- Foster an environment that supports an engaged safety culture.
- Develop a culture that embraces the tenets of operational excellence.
- Sustain a consistent, long-term vision through continuous process improvement.
- Adopt and share best ideas inside and outside the company.
- Demonstrate behaviors needed for effective implementation of change.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are compliant with company specifications and meet customer expectations.
- Satisfy the needs and service requirements of the internal and external customers.
- Ensure compliance to company and regulatory policies.
- Represent the company and its interests in the community while remaining environmentally responsible in all efforts.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree - Business or Technical or Masters Preferred
- At least 7 yrs of increasing levels of manager roles of people & processes
- Proficiency in the principles of manufacturing management.
- Proficiency in specific supply chain capabilities, strategies and interdependencies.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Proficiency in national regulatory requirements in the areas of safety, environment and emergency management.
- Proficiency in basic elements of Good Mfg Practices in a mfg environment
- Proficiency in key business drivers used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or supplier.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
- 8+ years manufacturing (production, quality, and/or maintenance) experience
- ISO or other management system experience
- Lean, Six Sigma certified