The Master Planner will provide tactical direction and hands-on planning and scheduling support to the Businesses plant operations and Supply Chain functions. The efforts of the Master Planner will perpetuate cost effective capacity/load planning, maximum service performance, and optimal inventory control.
What will you be doing?
The Master Planner will inspire, lead, and execute the following responsibilities, either personally and/or, through the efforts of associates, connections, and/or designated SPA’s:
- Provide monthly Long Term Capacity Planning report/information to the respective S&OP Teams.
- Current machine/line loading in hours by machine
- Capacity utilization % by machine
- Level loading plan to support production staffing stability
- Inventory plan that supports our service performance and level loading objectives
- Detailed forecast accuracy
- Production and Replenishment performance to plan.
- Continuously evaluate and review the processes and systems of Planning and Scheduling, as well as the related processes and systems, and design/implement changes that increase efficiencies, improve performance, and reduce costs.
- Collaborate with IT and functional leaders to continuously assess IT support systems and implement upgrades and enhancements designed to increase efficiency / productivity and achieve the best appropriate use of PRMS system as a tool for the Schedulers and Supply Chain personnel.
- Maintain close interface with the Information Technology (IT) department to ensure the PRMS/Baan product, machine/line, DRP/MPS/MRP and forecast information is maintained, purged, and accurate.
- Support, maintain, and create documented standard PRMS/Baan policies and procedures which are aligned with the direction and strategies of the Director of Supply Chain.
- Teach, coach, and develop the Scheduler’s and the Demand Planner’s use of the Planning and Scheduling processes so as to perpetuate maximum performance and achievement of objectives.
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with the plant Supply Chain Managers and their supply chain personnel; provide recommendations to the Director of Supply Chain regarding strategies to remedy training, skills, or performance deficiencies.
- Provide Plant Schedulers with timely, candid and constructive performance feedback.
- Provide rapid problem solving solutions to the Plant Supply Chain Managers, Schedulers and Demand Planner when production planning, scheduling, replenishment and/or inventory control issues or problems arise.
- Comply with all applicable EHS rules and responsibilities.
- The Master Planner will be revered as the PRMS/Bann Planning and Scheduling expert and master problem solver.
- Achieve optimal inventory efficiencies and service performance to internal customers as well as external customers.
- Maintain a disciplined approach to achieving optimal planning and scheduling efficiency through the effective application and execution of “Lean” planning and scheduling strategies, procedures, methods, and standards.
- Provide Load/Capacity Planning and Level Loading information to the B/U.
- Motivate and acquire the trust and respect of superiors, peers and subordinates by being participatory, energetic, and results generating.
- This position requires 7+ years of increasingly responsible planning and scheduling/supply chain/materials management experience with MPS/MRP systems preferably in a multi-plant packaging converting environment with entrenched Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma management systems.
- Exceptional judgment and communication skills; compulsive regard and attention to/for detail; enthusiasm for constant purposeful change; ability to solidify organizational support; embraces ownership and commitment; innate visionary leader; fortitude to make tough decisions; and possesses a selfless desire for the development and wellbeing of his/her subordinates and associates.
- Instinctive ability to rapidly identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and implement the appropriate action; and has the ability to conquer intangible and physical variables and obstacles.
- Extraordinary computer aptitude and application skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and APICS certification. A master’s degree, related post education training, or other specialized certifications are preferred.
- Required Competencies: Accountability, Change Agent, Flexible, Communications, Simplifies the Complex, Teamwork, Strategic Thinking, Commitment to Excellence, Leadership