What will you be doing?
- Exercises professional judgment in making frequent, appropriate recommendations for new accounts, revisions in the account structure, new types of ledgers, revisions in the reporting system or subsidiary records, changes in instructions regarding the use of accounts, new or refined account classifications or definitions, etc.
- Makes day-to-day decisions concerning the accounting treatment of financial transactions and recommends solutions to complex problems beyond incumbent's scope of responsibility.
- Understands and designs very complex accounting processes, policies and procedures.
- May provide interpretation of technical accounting pronouncements.
- May coach other accountants.
- Typically provides and coordinates separate or specialized accounting treatment and reporting (e.g., cost accounting using standard cost, process cost, and financial statements & reports) for different internal operations or divisions.
- BA/BS in finance or accounting and 4-7 years of related experience.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Strong PC skills.
- Experience with large, automated financial systems (SAP, JDE, etc.).