What's the Opportunity?
Supply Chain Manager
The purpose of the Manager, Supply Chain is to provide single-point accountability and leadership for all supply chain aspects of assigned portfolio of products. Key responsibilities include, issue resolution, regular purchasing and planning tasks, performance improvement projects, and product life cycle management.
- Achieves a high customer service level while minimizing inventory and supply chain costs.
- Ensures alignment of business strategies with supply chain strategies.
- Works cross-functionally with contract manufacturers, suppliers, manufacturing plants, Marketing, Sales, Customer Operations, Demand Management, Quality, R&D, Regulatory, and country operations to develop and execute supply chain plans in support of strategic and financial goals.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes supply plans to meet demand requirements. Creates and maintains net production and purchasing requirements based on forecast, lead time, shelf life and safety stock policy. Represents Supply in the S&OP process.
- Manages business relationship with CMO, including metrics and business reviews.
- Recommends and establishes supply chain strategy and tactics throughout the product life cycle. Activities include long-term capacity planning, capital investment planning, inventory policy, risk management and product rationalization.
- Identifies and resolves supply issues with all required stakeholders including Senior Management, Customers, Suppliers, QC, Regulatory, Finance, Sales, and Marketing.
- Participates in and, when appropriate, leads supply chain improvement projects including SAP enhancements, process improvements, SOP development and supply agreements.
- Other duties as assigned, including on-the-job developmental opportunities and training.
- Manages a network of 4 to 10 suppliers of goods and services.
- Manages four countries purchasing decisions (US, Canada, Brazil, and Latin America)
- Reports to Associate Director, Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5 years Supply Chain experience.
- SAP or other ERP software experience and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent, preferably in supply chain, operations or related discipline.
- Has strong understanding of supply chain and manufacturing environments.
- Possesses strong cross-functional leadership capability.
- Succeeds at influencing a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
- Experience within the Life Sciences field and an international supply chain background.