The Associate Vendor Manager (AVM) drives Vendor performance improvement through identification of areas of focus with vendors in their category. This includes proactive discussions with vendors in Value-Stream mapping sessions, gathering feedback from internal stakeholders on vendor performance to use for the scorecard process, as well as identifying opportunities through weekly vendor performance metrics. Upon identification of opportunities, this role will take the lead on developing and executing initiatives with vendors. The AVM will also take the lead for the Vendor Collaboration team for their categories’ meetings and collaborate with vendors and internal teams to deliver the performance improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage assigned vendors, being the lead point of contact for all vendor performance activities for their category. Identify opportunities for vendor improvement through data analysis and reporting, driving corrective action plans based on vendor delivery performance.
- Manage the implementation and complete execution of programs with vendors to improve vendor performance in those areas needed.
- Develop input into the vendor scorecard process through gathering feedback from internal stakeholders in their categories
- Identify and pursue opportunities with vendors for collaborative cost savings, (e.g., ASN/EDI enhancements, forecast sharing, warehouse optimization, pallet management).
- Work closely with category management team and assist in the development and execution of category/supplier strategies. Contributes to negotiation strategy development where needed.
- Work closely with Replenishment team, gathering feedback, highlighting exceptions, to drive consistency in vendor performance across all the whole company.
- Participate in weekly vendor meetings, periodic Scorecard meetings and Joint Business Planning meetings and other standing vendor meetings as needed
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with vendors and internal teams
- Bachelors degree in business or similar field required, MBA preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years progressive experience in vendor management and development and use of management tools (SRM, vendor scorecards, conducting Quarterly Business Reviews, etc.)
- Effective change management skills: ability to leverage understanding of supply chain activities to work with vendors realize improvements in their performances
- Must possess the ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment and work effectively across multiple groups and levels.
- Strong proven teamwork skills, to include: ability to build relationships; ability to foster teamwork and organizational development; ability to influence negotiations; cross-functional team leadership skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience in sourcing across a variety of categories, foodservice preferred
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, and time-sensitive environment
- Ability to influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity
This position requires the ability to understand the company’s business strategy and related objectives, particularly as they relate to vendor collaboration and category management processes.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel