The Commodity Manager is responsible for developing a global supply base capable of meeting therequirements for OEM Supply. The primary focus is targeted atdeveloping, aligning, and implementing a commodity strategy to support heavytruck, automotive, heavy off road equipment, and industrialcustomers.
The Commodity Manager creates, leads, develops, andmaintains strategic supplier relationships and coordinates improvement in supplier performance (cost, quality, and delivery performance). Thisposition is responsible for leading, developing, and implementing sourcingstrategies to achieve lowest total cost of ownership (TCO), effective asset management, quality improvement, on-time delivery, improved cycle time, andearly supplier involvement to support current business platform as well as theNew Business Sourcing team function.
Through the analysis of current spend, processes and practices,develop and deploy direct material sourcing strategy that supports thegoals of the business and customers including developing strategic partnerships, supplier consolidation, process standardization, variable costreduction, transaction cost removal, and process digitization that meets theannual operating plan. Develop plans to meet Annual Operating goals, which includesupplier rationalization, cost management, productivity, lead-time reductions,working capital improvement, and quality and delivery performance. Become expert with economic, competitive and supply base knowledgefor commodities managed. Will possess or develop the knowledge of thebest-in-region suppliers for each commodity. Lead Cross Functional Teams to identify and select approvedsuppliers capable of providing parts and materials that meet established requirements. Drive synergy opportunities for productivity, workingcapital and efficiency. Drive performance of key suppliers to meet sourcing/business goals on productivity, working capital, cycle timereductions, delivery and quality. Coordinate with Materials, Technical Services, Operations ,and Quality to support global sourcing goals: play active role in resolvingcritical quality and systemic delivery issues with suppliers. Develop and implement supply agreements with strategic suppliers inaccordance with Optimas goals and supplier matrix. Negotiate andmanage the maintenance of Commercial Terms and supply agreements withsuppliers. Develop and deliver annual commodity review for assigned commodities to executive leadership team.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10 - 12 years of experience in global Strategic Sourcing and SupplyChain of direct materials for Fortune 200 companies.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, orOperations. (Advanced degree preferred).
- Utilization of e-sourcing tools and processes. Experience sourcing in best cost countries; China, South America,Eastern Europe, Mexico. Sourcing experience with engineered and commodity/catalogcomponents in the heavy off road truck, agricultural, industrial sector and/or Class 7-8 truck.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Previous experience sourcing in global high volume manufacturingbusiness highly preferred.
- Experience working in an organization in acomplex matrix-ed environment; work experience in internationalmatrix organization across functions and cultures is preferred
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership: Ability to think interms of possibilities; creates a clear vision and strategy, thinks broadly andunderstands inter dependencies
- Six Sigma certification preferred Comfort with constructing presentations and organizationcommunications
- Influencing skills and lateral leadership; ability to buildrelationships and credibility; facilitate working sessions with largeand small internal teams and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem solving skills; abilityto translate data into decision making
- Excellent decision making/judgment skills
- Sourcing and procurement proficiency: Strategic sourcing expertiseand understanding of sourcing methodologies and e-sourcing tools.
- Project management: able to set/change agendas, deliver increasedperformance levels an routinely implementing improvements across multipleactivities
- Positive winning attitude and high energy level.