WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH:
We are committed to making a difference to people and planet through performance. Critical to this corporate mission is our sustainable sourcing strategy that drives business performance whilst minimizing our environmental impact and maximizing our socioeconomic impact throughout our supply chain.
We have agreed 23 priority raw materials and 5 policies which are in direct service of three of our overall strategies: Drive down the environmental impact of our top 23 materials, Ensure long term material affordability through helping to lift our farmers out of poverty, Respect the human rights of everyone in our supply chain. This requires the set-up and management of a Segment Sustainable Sourcing Center of Excellence
Reporting into the Global VP-Commercial, this role is Global and is accountable for developing and managing the Segment Center of Excellence on Sustainable Sourcing. This role works cross-segment to ensure the delivery of sustainable sourcing strategies for relevant the 23 priority raw materials, in service of our agreed environmental and social impact policies.
Close collaboration with other Segment Sustainable Sourcing Managers and Category to ensure consistency in application, implementation and reporting. The job holders works closely with the Segment Global Sustainability Director, the Segment Commercial Leadership Team, the Responsible Sourcing Team and theSustainability Working Team.
- Develop and manage the Sustainable Sourcing Center of Excellence for their segment
- Work collaboratively to co-develop the environmental and social impact strategies and policies
- Work collaboratively to co-develop and implement sustainable sourcing tools and processes in support of raw material policies within the segment and impact policies
- Co-develop the category sustainable sourcing strategies and policies. The position is also responsible to support the Category Directors in the execution of all raw materials and packaging sustainability program implementation
- Work collaboratively with the segment Sustainability Directors (within and across segment) as required
- Develop and manage the Segment Sourcing Insight Managers
- Accountable for overall program management and consolidation of supply chain mapping data for the segment raw materials and packaging, partnering with the Category Buyers, Responsible Sourcing teams and other Segment Sustainable Sourcing Insight managers as required
- Report progress and insights to key stakeholders, escalating issues as appropriate and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency of delivery of the sustainable sourcing strategy
- Ensure timely reporting and other external or internal communications as well as management dashboards
- Identify gaps, best practices and opportunities within the segment sustainable sourcing strategies
- Build Commercial capability on sustainable sourcing and supplier engagement by developing sustainable sourcing training, tools & material
- Lead management of external technical experts and research providers (e.g. on impact analysis)
- This role requires management of sustainable sourcing budget for the segment ($2 – 5mil depending on the year)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 8 or more years’ experience in a procurement or sustainability role within a business/corporation
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of the sustainability agenda within the food and drink industry, particularly supply chain / procurement
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in supply chain issues and different sourcing strategies