Primary Job Accountabilities:
Determine the most cost effective way to move a shipment in a timely manner. Ensure that customer orders are processed accurately; that customer shipments are picked up and in-gated on time; that all information is entered accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
- Project Management - Planning, organizing, securing, managing, leading, and controlling resources to achieve specific goals
- Proactively reviews customer onboarding information for accuracy
- Knows customer contract terms
- Takes orders and ensures that all aspects of the order are completed to meet the requirements of the customer
- Continuously works to eliminate accessorial charges to provide a more seamless customer experience
- Determines the most cost effective way to move a shipment in a timely manner
- Understands the quote, the equipment required and the costs for the order
- Ensures clear dray carrier communication and follow-up regarding on time pick-up, timely in-gating
- Understands and applies information relating to shipment, shipment status, delivery appointments and additional charges including:
- Customer Terms
- REZ1 Policy
- Celtic International requirements, policies and procedures
- Hazardous Materials Load Process
- High Value Loads Process
- Monitors the system and reports to ensure that all loads are continuously updated with accurate, timely, complete information regarding pick-ups and container in-gating.
- Manage Origin Pools
- Participate in Saturday rotation of weekend coverage.
Knowledge and Expertise/Experience/Skills
- Transportation industry knowledge, including key terminology; and, general knowledge of primary customer industries
- Minimum of 2-3 years transportation related experience
- Provide necessary updates and support in a friendly, professional manner using the appropriate medium e.g. phone or email depending on the circumstance.
- Transportation knowledge including container types and sizes.
- Customer Service skills including the ability to recognize the needs of the customer and effectively address those needs through active solution or communication of the need to the appropriate personnel.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must know when to escalate issues to management
- Not applicable
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Some college course work or equivalent combination of education and experience a plus