Primary Purpose Transportation Load Planners are responsible for building and routing daily Truckload and Less than Truckload (LTL) moves throughout the Supply Chain. On a daily basis, they work cross-functionally with various people and departments within the company - Customer Service, Warehousing, and Inventory Deployment - as well as our customers and specific, approved carrier network to ensure corporate goals for corporate efficiency and customer satisfaction are being met and exceeded.
- Efficiently plans and executes the deploying and routing of product throughout the Supply Chain
- Responsible for approximately $20MM+ in annual freight spend
- Researches to minimize delivery cost and maximize customer satisfaction
- Maintain Routing Guide utilization compliance equal to or greater than department expectation
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with carriers, receivers, and company warehouses
- Works closely with Customer Service group to take care of specific customer freight needs
- Capable of filling in for fellow planners in the event they are out of office or otherwise indisposed
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays when corporate schedule demands
- Ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Understands and demonstrates the Companys core values
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Sets and records delivery appointments on outbound loads.
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Logistics setting.
- Must be able to handle confidential information professionally.
- Must be able to multitask in fast-paced, working environment.
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal) are required.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, organized, and punctual
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1 years experience preferred, including internships.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- LeanLogistics or other TMS experience preferred