Company is seeking an enthusiastic Logistics Broker who is ready to take on the challenge of mastering the complex transportation industry while developing and honing sales techniques, with the ultimate goal of joining either our Carrier Sales or Customer Sales Department. This opportunity will be with our subsidiary company Command Transportation.
The Logistics Broker is an entry level position with two primary functions; to gain knowledge of the logistics industry though extensive classroom and hands-on training and to support the sales and procurement functions by performing operational, administrative and sales related tasks to enhance the customer experience and maximize the productivity of the existing sales force.
As a Logistics Broker, you will complete a series of training and development milestones in preparation of becoming a fully operational and knowledgeable sales rep. During an initial four week classroom training period, you will learn the specifics of the logistics industry and marketplace, with the direction of a Corporate Trainer, through participation in classroom activities and individual work study. The following four weeks, you will work within a customer service/operational team in order to gain hands-on problem-solving experience. Primary responsibilities are taking inbound calls and assisting with customer service issues company-wide.
You will spend the next 8-10 months participating in our mentorship program. Working under the direction of an experienced sales rep in either the Carrier Sales or Customer Sales department, you will assist your mentor in managing and growing their book of business. You will also participate in a series of Continued Education courses led by the management team covering more advanced sales and negotiation techniques. By gaining first-hand experience with finding new business, handling account issues and establishing relationships with customers or carriers, you will on your way to becoming a fully commissioned rep with your own account base by the end of the program.
- Participate in content learning activities such as small group sessions, role plays, etc.
- Complete additional work as assigned or recommended by the Corporate Trainer(s)
- Take a proactive approach in learning the importance of each task and how it affects the entire sales/procurement process
- Perform all tasks assigned by mentor to support their existing accounts
- Create efficiencies for mentor through process improvement
- Manage operational activities of loads to ensure customer satisfaction
- Help drive new account growth via prospecting, sourcing and account penetration
- Self-evaluate individual strengths and weaknesses and make appropriate changes to extracurricular study
- Attend Continued Education programs and fully engage in learning the industry and business
- A desire to build a lasting sales career in the logistics industry
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred)
- Ability to keep organized and manage time appropriately
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate and interact with all levels of management and clients, a natural ability to persuade
- Aggressive and competitive nature
- Self-managed and motivated
- Enjoys and thrives in fast paced, fluid work environment with strong problem solving capabilities
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Great phone skills