The primary focus of this position is to drive excellence in Routing and develop new protocols for routing for our company. This role provides the vision and best practices regarding Routing process, and systems to support the company’s current and future strategic supply chain requirements. The Logistics Manager will ensure that transportation Routing process, systems , and training are replicable, and self sustaining to meet the operational goals.
People or Process Management Responsibility: Responsible for managing one or more routing specialist and the execution of measurable re routes to improve operational performance.
- Provides leadership and direction to drive operational routing excellence and profitability by analyzing & executing business objectives to support customer needs. Develops business plans and forecasting/strategies, analyzes resources
- Standardize routing process and protocol across the Enterprise to include when to re route, seasonal re routes, and method of approach.
- Maximizes technology use and drives the adoption of new technologies or processes. Identifies gaps where transportation technology or processes do not currently exist and identify solutions.
- Leads routing, and routing process improvement for distribution centers.
- Knowledge of transportation policy and law, both at the state and federal level
- Knowledge of transportation databases and tracking technology.
- Develops a required skill set for the Routing position and works with VPO, Trans Manager to evaluate current routers against these parameters. Assists in elevating the routing role and fitting proper competency into this role.
- Works with outside routing vendors to assist in optimizing our routing process.
- Works with Sales, Procurement, in implementing a disciplined approach to service levels to our customers.
- Works with Corp. Logistics inbound to drive additional backhaul income
- Analyze network overlap for recommendations of business change.
- Achieve more consistent on time deliveries to our customers.
- Reduce overall costs in Transportation with YOY improvement.
- Any other duties as may be assigned relative to the Transportation Department.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Distribution, Supply Chain, Transportation or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in overseeing Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain operations.
- 2+ years leadership experience in Transportation, Logistics, or Supply Chain.
- Strong analytical aptitude.
- 2+ years of management/leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience setting strategy
- Experience in a multi-channel, matrixed environment , using a engineered approach to problem solving
- 4+ years of experience in overseeing Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain operations
- Experience in managing in a collaborative environment.
- Professional Certifications