We currently have an opportunity for an Transportation Coordinator at our Transportation Management Center located in IL. The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the transportation process for various customer product from pick-up to delivery, ensuring accuracy of load information, and partnering with both internal and external resources to troubleshoot issues and ensure resolution in a timely manner. This position supports both carriers and customers on a daily basis to ensure operational excellence.
Responsibilities of the Transportation Coordinator include:
- Ensure operational activity is executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure the daily shipping plan is created and distributed to multiple origin points nationally.
- Act as a liaison for the day to day tactical execution between logistics centers, carriers, customers and Transportation Center.
- Communicate effectively with multiple operational levels to ensure timely pick-up/delivery appointments and resolve service issues
- Work with the Administrative groups and the Carrier Relationships group to provide timely and accurate feedback regarding carriers’ performance and other issues that may arise
- Assist in the identification and execution of process improvement initiatives
- Resolve operational issues
- Hours are 3PM - 11PM
Candidates selected to interview must meet the following minimum requirements for consideration for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Logistics, Transportation or Supply Chain Management preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a transportation or customer facing role.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team. TEAM concept and TEAMWORK are essential functions performed daily
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and disciplined problem solving skills
- Demonstrated competency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience in MercuryGate TMS a plus
- Ability to generate new ideas and identify process improvements
- Provide additional assistance with projects and other items to be assigned periodicall