We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Logistics Manager III in, CA. This individual will:
- Provide strong operational leadership to a team of logistics managers within a facility.
- Drive above average operational and financial results accomplishing all DSC and customer financial and performance goals and objectives. Create an environment with a strong emphasis on safety and security.
- Manage financial and operational goals and metrics utilizing all available management tools including labor management, ADP, WMS to effectively manage the facility.
Lead the overall operations of a facility to ensure all business goals are met including DSC goals and metrics and all customer expectations. Drive a culture of accountability by ensuring operational goals are understood and followed by all managers and employees within the operation.
Establish a culture of positive employee relations ensuring all processes, best practices, and policies are adhered to consistently. Coach, motivate and provide direction to managers and employees within the facility. Drive positive business results by establishing and maintaining a culture where all managers and employees are treated with respect, provided the resources to accomplish business goals, and given effective feedback to accomplish their goals.
Information System Management
Possess a thorough understanding of available systems, technology and data available to drive strong performance and business results within a facility. Ensure all logistics managers and employees have a strong understanding of the available tools to accomplish the goals of DSC and the customer. Drive a culture of continuous improvement amongst the team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following for consideration for this position:
- Five plus years leading a team in a warehouse / distribution environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Reports to General Manager or Vice President
- Finance Department
- Human Resources
- Other corporate departments